Thought I’d use a bit of my free time to pull together a gift guide for Christmas. These are books that I’d like to receive, or books that I have bought as gifts before, for a variety of friends or family members. All available at Wordery, or I’m sure you could order in any of these in an independent book shop.
- Good Omens by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett, for the fantasy fan. Soon to be a TV show.
- All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr, for someone who loves an epic ride. I haven’t read this yet, but its been highly recommended to me.
- Power by Naomi Alderman, for the young people. Review here.
- Also for the young people, Animal by Sara Pascoe. Or anyone actually. Very informative but also funny.
- Becoming by Michelle Obama, for literally anyone. We all need more Michelle in our lives.
- I Want My Hat Back by Jon Klassen, realistically, for the parents of toddlers. Dark and hilarious.
- Sabriel series by Garth Nix. Fab for tweens and young adults. Strong female protagonists in a really unique fantasy world.
- The Poisonwood Bible by Barbera Kingsolver, for the avid reader in your life. Treat them to this beauty.
Let me know if this was in anyway useful. Or comment if you need a specific recommendation, happy to help!