The Insole Court Book Club is a monthly book club that specifically explores a diverse ranges of authors, for those who wants to discover something new. The book club is a friendly and social club, where we can get together to discuss the book (even if you haven’t finished it, life is too short to read a book that you don’t enjoy!) have a glass of wine or a coffee in beautiful surroundings, and meet other readers.
Insole Court will be offering alcoholic beverages for sale, and I will provide a range of hot drinks.
The book club takes places in the Reading Room of Insole Court, Cardiff, CF5 2LN. There is plenty of free parking on site, access for cars and pedestrians is on Fairwater Road. Further details can be found here.
Join us on the last Tuesday of every month, from 7 until 8.30/9pm.
The book club is open to anyone who is interested in getting involved and hosted by myself, Kelly. Anyone can read along and join in the conversation here on the blog, where I will post a summary after every book club meeting, so even if you can’t come to the meetings, you can still get involved.
If you would like to come along to the first session, please let me know:
- Tuesday 27th August – Convenience Store Woman by Sayaka Murata
- Tuesday 24th September – Born a Crime by Trevor Noah
- Tuesday 29th October – Amateur by Thomas Page McBee
- Tuesday 26th November – Remains of the Day by Kazuo Ishiguro
- Tuesday 17th December (Due to Xmas!) – The Mars Room by Rachel Kushner
- If you have any trouble finding the book at all, please let me know and I will source one for you.