The Insole Court Book Club is a monthly book club that specifically explores a diverse ranges of authors, for those who wants to discover something new. The book club is a friendly and social club, where we can get together to discuss the book (even if you haven’t finished it, life is too short to read a book that you don’t enjoy!) have a cuppa in beautiful surroundings, and meet other readers.
The book club takes places in the Reading Room of Insole Court, Cardiff, CF5 2LN. There is plenty of free parking on site, access for cars and pedestrians is on Fairwater Road. Further details can be found here.
Join us on the last Tuesday of every month, from 7 until 8.30/9pm.
The book club is open to anyone who is interested in getting involved and hosted by myself, Kelly. Anyone can read along and join in the conversation here on the blog, where I will post a summary after every book club meeting, so even if you can’t come to the meetings, you can still get involved.
If you would like to come along to the first session, please let me know:
- Tuesday 25th February – Number One Chinese Restaurant by Lillian Li
- Tuesday 31st March – Cutting for Stone by Abraham Verghese
- Tuesday 28th April – The Seven Deaths of Evelyn Hardcastle by Stuart Turton (Recommended by NDCWales Book Club)
- Tuesday 26th May – Why I’m No Longer Talking to White People About Race by Reni Eddo-Lodge
- Tuesday 30th June – Girl, Woman, Other by Bernadine Evaristo
- Tuesday 28th July – Lanny by Max Porter
- Tuesday 25th August – Hello World: Being Human in the Age of Algorithms by Hannah Fry
- Tuesday 26th September – My Dark Vanessa by Kate Elizabeth Russell
If you have any trouble finding the book at all, please let me know and I will source one for you.